Hello! I'm your new Mommy. Trust Me! Compliance Mandatory! Resistance Futile!
Why is Center Grove prioritizing trauma informed initiatives?
What is Trust Based Relational Intervention®?
- Trauma impacts the brain and can change the d velopment I traiectory of a child .
- Connection and relationship with a trusted adult 1s the most important component to create a
- Due to previous life experiences, not all students feel afe at s hool. Cre ting an env ronment
- Stude'nts are taught how to monitor and modulate thei level of self-regulation. . . .
- Addressing students' physiological needs (e.g., h drat1on, blood glucose, and physical act1v1ty) helps them stay regulated emotionally and behaviorally th:oughout the s_chool day .
- Punitive measures that punish and shame students can trigger a fight, flight, or freeze response and often exacerbate trauma .
- Student misbehavior is viewed as an attempt to get a need met.
- By looking beyond students' survival strategies and identifying what they need, stud ents can be mentored on how to get those needs met in a healthy, appropriate way, often by using voice.
- The Correcting Principles of TBRI® provide tools for mentoring students through behavioral